DTSC to Continue Inspections
The California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) has completed an initial survey of HVACR Distributors to monitor compliance with state policy mandating the recycling of mercury thermostats and found that some distributors are falling short of full compliance to state law. Distributors in California are required by law to serve as a collection point for mercury thermostats and DTSC is planning on increased enforcement in 2012.
HARDI has a formal partnership with the Thermostat Recycling Corporation (TRC), who can provide your business with all of the resources necessary to make sure you are in compliance with California state law.
If you would like to know if your business was inspected by the DTSC, please contact Jon Melchi.
New CARB Requirements
The New Year brings new requirements from the California Air Resources Board. Below are the new reporting requirements for Refrigerant Distributors and Reclaimers.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2012
Refrigerant Distributors must:
- Report previous year’s refrigerant sales or transfers by March 1
- Cover all California facilities that bought or received refrigerant from the wholesaler or distributor
- Include the following:
- The total weight, in pounds, of each type of refrigerant sold or transferred in the previous year, including:
- Transactions for eventual resale or delivery
- Shipments to certified reclaimers
Refrigerant Reclaimers must:
o Report previous year’s refrigerant sales or transfers by March 1
o Cover all California facilities that delivered refrigerant to the reclaimer
o Include total weight, in pounds, of each type of refrigerant that was:
§ Reclaimed or destroyed in California
§ Shipped out of state for reclamation or destruction